May COVID Update & NCAA Changes
The NCAA has decided to extend the dead period through June 30, 2020.
We know this is a tough decision and has an impact on your summer recruiting. While it might be hard to stay patient and positive, we will be here throughout this whole process to help you as much as we can.
What the dead period means? Division I coaches are not permitted to have face-to-face contact with PSAs or their parents, and cannot watch players compete. Live streamed events have to be publicly available and cross checked with their compliance. Coaches can write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.
What about OnDeck Jamborees? We have been preparing for this possibility coupled with the ongoing pandemic and will have announcements coming soon. If you are registered for the Huntington Beach Jamboree, Rosetta Canyon Jamboree or Colorado Jamboree, we will reach out with options. If you received an invitation, but have not registered another round of invitations will be issued once Jamborees are confirmed.
In the meantime, keep working on your skill set, developing your athleticism and encouraging others on social.
Finally, we have to thank all of you for the support, well wishes and espcially for your patience with us as we navigate this situation. We all look forward to the day we see you at the ballpark.
(posted 5/5/2020) While there are so many unknowns, the one thing we do know is the health and safety of players, their families and our staff is our main priority. Here are a few answers to the main questions we are getting.
Where do we stand now? We are still waiting to see what June holds. While we know this is only 4 weeks away, there are still so many things that need to fall into place.
What are we waiting for? City and state guidance, as well as any possible decisions by PGF and TCS on their tournaments. Any NCAA decisions on recruiting will impact our Jamboree schedule as well.
When will a decision be made? That depends on state and city decisions regarding group gatherings, shared equipment and use of facilities. We are eyeing May 15th as the next date to reevaluate our schedule.
What about Jamboree registration & invitations? We have suspended registration and invitations for now. We will reissue invitations and open registration once we get more clarity on what June may look like and tryouts resume.
Are other options being considered? Yes! We are looking at other dates, changes in how Jamborees are run and different events we could do if the regular schedule isn't an option.
Again, we thank you for your patience with us. This time has been difficult on all of us. It is going to be a really great day when we are back at the fields together.