Is there an age limit for players attending tryouts?
- No, we do not set a minimum age. But we encourage players to start attending tryouts at 13 years old.
Should I travel for a tryout?
- We don't encourage players to travel for tryouts. If there isn't a tryout in your area, email firstname.lastname@example.org a skills video and travel ball schedule. We don't guarantee game attendance or that we will see enough in a video for selection to a Jamboree.
Are players invited to tryouts?
- No, any player that is looking to be selected for a Jamboree or Elite Camp can attend a tryout. Players looking to get a baseline evaluation and ODM numbers also attend tryouts.
How do players register for tryouts? And when do registrations open?
- All registration must be done online via the specific tryout page. Players will need to create a profile or log-in to their existing profile to register. Once the player is registered, they are confirmed for the tryout. Tryout registrations open 6 weeks prior to the tryout date.
How much does a tryout cost?
- Tryouts are $125 per player. Team or sibling discounts are not available.
How do I make changes to a tryout registration?
- All changes must be emailed to email@example.com. Changes made to a player profile will not change information on the registration.
Can players switch sessions or switch to a different tryout?
- Players can switch to a different session at the same tryout until the day before the tryout. Players cannot switch to a tryout that doesn't have an open registration. For more information on our cancellation/refund policy click here
How and when do I get information about the tryout?
- All registered players will receive reminder emails starting 2 weeks prior to the tryout. Emails will be sent to the address used for registration. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts so our emails don't go to spam/junk.
Should players take the TAP before the Tryout?
- While we encourage all players to take the TAP test and get their Athlete Type, it is not necessary to take before the tryout and players will have the opportunity to take the TAP test after the tryout. Learn more about the TAP or take it now.
When and where are tryout results posted?
- The tryout review, player selections and ODM numbers are posted on the specific tryout page within a week of the tryout. A follow-up email will be sent once the information is posted. Players can access past tryout results via the tryout schedule, clicking on "view past tryout results" on the main tryout page or use the link in the reminder emails.
How are players selected from a tryout?
- Players are selected based on their overall evaluation. This includes, hitting (slapping), fielding, catching and pitching if applicable and ODM numbers. Please remember we select players that have the overall skill level required to participate in a Jamboree.
Do players get an Allister Index with their tryout ODM Numbers?
- No, players do not get an Allister Index with tryout ODM numbers. Click here for more information on ODM
Do players get an evaluation after the tryout?
- Yes, tryout evaluations are available for purchase ($20 per player) for 2 weeks after the tryout. The follow-up email will include a link and information on how to purchase the detailed evaluation.
What happens if I am not selected?
- For players that aren't selected, we still want to see how you progress. We encourage players to email their travel ball schedules to email@example.com. We can't guarantee game attendance, but we do scout tournaments throughout the year.
How often should I attend a tryout?
- Once a year, if needed. If you weren't selected for a Jamboree and would like to attend another tryout, we encourage players to work on their skill set and attend a local tryout the following year.
What if a player is selected for a Jamboree and can't attend?
- Players are only guaranteed invitations for their selected Jamborees. If you can't attend your selected Jamboree, email firstname.lastname@example.org.